If you’re looking at infor on how to change name in aadhaar card online, you’re at right place. In this article, we’ll show you steps to change name in aadhaar card. You can also use the same steps to change address in aadhaar card.
Note: You must have the mobile phon enumber which you gave at the time of registration of aadhar card as you’ll recieve OTP in that. In case you have lost/do not possess anymore the mobile that you have declared at the time of enrolment, you will have to visit the nearest Update Centre to personally update the information.
No documents required to be submitted for Mobile and Gender correction.
Now, follow the steps below:
Visit the official website of UIDAI at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
You’ll get screen like this:
Now, enter you aadhaar card number and captcha code. You’ll recieve One time password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
Now select the Change Name / Surname field.
Fill the correct details in English as well as local language in the fields.
If you are correcting your Name, write full name without salutations/titles. For example, do not write Dr. /Mr. /Col. etc.
Upload the document a mentioned below.
Requires submission of any one of the Proof of Identity(PoI) listed in “Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update”
The following documents are accepted as a proof.
- PAN Card
- Ration/ PDS Photo Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
- NREGS Job Card
- Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Arms License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
- Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Joint Affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo)
- Marriage Certificate
- Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar
- Gazette Notification
- Legal Name Change Certificate
(For above documents, where original document does not have photo, the photocopy/scan of the documents must be taken along with the Resident’s photo)
In this step you will be asked to choose the BPO Service Provider for your Update Request. You can Choose any one and Click on ‘Submit’.
You will be provided with an Update Request Number (URN). You can use this number to track your request. You can also download the File stating your URN. Also, you will get an SMS with your URN.
Submission of information for update does not guarantee update of Aadhaar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation.
Once the updates have been processed, you will receive an SMS saying that your update has been processed successfully. You can check the update status from https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
by providing your update details.