Aadhaar enrollment is an easy and simple process. And it’s free too. You just need to visit aadhaar enrolment centre of your city with the required documents, mentioned below, and fill-up the form there.
Let’s check out steps in detail here.
Check the address enrollment centre of your city
For that, just visit the official webpage of UIDAI at https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx and search for your state, city and locality.
Once you get that, the next step is to collect your documents.
You need to carry your proof of identity and proof of address.
UIDAI process accepts 18 PoI (Proof of Identity) and 33 PoA (Proof of Address) documents. Common proofs of identity and address are election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license. The complete list is as follows:
Supported PoI Documents Containing Name and Photo
2. PAN Card
3. Ration/ PDS Photo Card
4. Voter ID
5. Driving License
6. Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
7. NREGS Job Card
8. Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
9. Arms License
10. Photo Bank ATM Card
11. Photo Credit Card
12. Pensioner Photo Card
13. Freedom Fighter Photo Card
14. Kissan Photo Passbook
15. CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
16. Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
17. Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
18. Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
Supported PoA Documents Containing Name and Address
2. Bank Statement/ Passbook
3. Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
4. Ration Card
5. Voter ID
6. Driving License
7. Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
8. Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
9. Water bill (not older than 3 months)
10. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
11. Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
12. Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
13. Insurance Policy
14. Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
15. Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
16. Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
17. NREGS Job Card
18. Arms License
19. Pensioner Card
20. Freedom Fighter Card
21. Kissan Passbook
22. CGHS / ECHS Card
23. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
25. Income Tax Assessment Order
26. Vehicle Registration Certificate
27. Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
28. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
29. Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
30. Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
31. Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
32. Passport of Spouse
33. Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
Supported PoR Documents containing Relationship details to Head of Family
1. PDS Card
2. MNREGA Job Card
3. CGHS/State Government/ECHS/ESIC Medical card
4. Pension Card
5. Army Canteen Card
7. Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and other notified local government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
8. Any other Central/State government issued family entitlement document.
Supported Proof of DoB Documents
1. Birth Certificate
2. SSLC Book/Certificate
4. Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
The next step is to visit aadhaar enrolment centre with the xerox of above mentioned documents and originals too for verification. Once your form and documents are verified at the centre, they will take your photograph, finger prints and eyes iris scan.
They will add all your details in computer at that moment and if you find any error on screen, like spelling mistake etc., you can notify them there itself.
Once this process is over, they will take 2-3 months to generate your aadhaar card. It will come to your home by Indian post then.
Some points to note:
- In case you do not have above common proofs, Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead is also accepted as PoI. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA /Gazetted Officer/Tehsildar on letterhead or by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas) is accepted as valid PoA.
- Even if someone in a family does not have individual valid documents, the resident can still enrol if his/her name exists in family entitlement document. In this case the Head of Family in entitlement document needs to be enrolled first with valid PoI & PoA document. The head of the household can then introduce other members in the family while they are enrolling. UIDAI accepts 8 document types as Proof of Relationship.
- Where there are no documents available, resident may also take the help of Introducers available at the enrolment centre. The Introducers are notified by the Registrar. For further details please contact office of the concerned Registrar.
- At the enrollment center, please fill your personal details within the form. Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment. You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment
- You need to enrol only once. Enrolling again is a waste of your time as you will get only one Aadhaar number.
- Based on your information provided, your details will be verified centrally. If your application is successful, an Aadhaar number will be generated and mailed to your address.
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days after receipt of resident data packets in CIDR. However, it could take even longer in case enrolment is done through NPR exercise.
After enrolment, quality checks are done by the enrolment centre supervisors, followed by correction process (where required) and data packet consolidation. Subsequently, the Enrolment Agency sends the data to UIDAI data centre. The data undergoes various stages of screening and validations in CIDR. This ensures that the source of data is authenticated besides ensuring that no duplicate exists. Sample Quality checks are done on demographic and biometric data collected from residents. Apart from that the Operator/Supervisor/Introducer/Enrolment Agency and Registrar information in each packet is also validated. Only after passing the data quality checks and other validations, the packet goes for de-duplication and Aadhaar gets generated.
In case of any errors, the packet goes on hold. For example if the particulars of the Operator who enrolled the resident are found to be inconsistent with database or there is a mismatch observed in photo and age/gender (ex. a child’s photo with age mentioned as 50 yrs), then the packet is held for further enquiry. Corrective actions are taken on such packets, wherever possible, else a rejection letter guiding resident to re-enroll is dispatched to the resident. India Post is entrusted with the responsibility of printing and delivery of Aadhaar letters. Depending on backlog for generation, location of delivery etc. India Post may ordinarily take 3-5 weeks to print and deliver Aadhaar letters to the residents.
In the case of Aadhaar enrolments through NPR exercise, the method of verification is the RGI approved LRUR(Local Register of Usual Residents) verification process. The Aadhaar number will be issued only after completion of the LRUR process which could take much longer than the time prescribed above. Residents can verify the name of their Registrar at the enrolment centres or on the acknowledgement provided to them at the time of enrolment. In case it is Registrar General of India(RGI), please contact office of RGI for further details.
Please note that this is NOT the official website of aadhaar card by UIDAI and we're not associated with them in any way. We're just providing some tutorials on aadhaar card like how to download it, how to link it with your bank account etc. We're not asking / storing your enrollment number and / or aadhaar card in any form on this website.